Tuesday 9 October 2012

Best Thanksgiving Ever


My first Thanksgiving without my Dad, my Mom my Sisters. I'm sure their Thanksgiving dinner was awesome. They have each other, they are in heaven. What a celebration. You know many people question why I take so many pictures. For me I have to say because I want to capture a moment in time. A sparkle, a wish that forever will not be anymore. You see when you loose someone you love, all you have is the memories of your past. And at times your memory isn't so good, and then you pull out your pictures and all the warm fuzzies return. And you walk down memory lane and say" I remember". It's not morbid, it's not bad, it's a good thing. For in order for me to celebrate the future I have to embrace my past. All of it. Sift it together, and remember. Yesterday it was 8 month's ago I let go of my Dad. And as I remember him I remember other's. Mom, my step Mom, Alice & Irene my sister's.Walter, Henry and Art, Rudy's brothers. My in laws, Tina and Jacob.My best friends brother and cousin. My nephew. My cousins son's.My sons best friend. A special Uncle. And the list goes on. Death is a part of life. Maybe you don't like to think about it. And that's okay. I do because it causes me to remember whose love I've been blessed by. All the love of the past has caused me to be what I am today. So Thankful for all my friends and family that are still around and that I can make new memories with them. Our time on earth is for a breath, a moment. Take time to enjoy everyone in your life. Cultivate family, friends. And be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment