Tuesday 6 November 2012

Baptism



I've been to the river I've been baptised. I've been washed by the blood of the lamb.
Sunday celebration service of my niece Rowyn caused me to reflect back on own my baptism. How can it not? Like when I attend a wedding I smile and think back to my glorious day and it reminds me of why I love this man of mine, and it renews my sacred vows said so long go. It's a good think to again take stock of my life. The feelings ,thoughts ,desires , needs that compelled me to say yes to baptism so many years go. So how is my walk going? The blood that pumped my heart and compelled me to trust in the God of the Universe who loved me and died for me. Is that devine truth that was so clearly revealed to me as a child of 15 still hold true today? Do I still believe He holds my future, He holds my hand? Or have my eyes grown dim in the reality of the worlds view of control? I control my own destiny? The same God in the bible that has been faithful to all generations is still faithful. Do my eyes stray from the path God has chosen for me? Absolutely. So for me than the choice would be what do I do about that? Do I keep down the path that I know is wrong? Or do I choose to follow the path that is layed out for me? Today I choose to follow you. Today the decision is mine. Today the decision is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment