Monday 1 October 2012

Cabin Fever

Yikes, I am slowly going crazy, slowly going crazy am I, one , two ,three , four switch. Remember that song your kid's sang when they were little? No? Consider yourself lucky. Our kid's sang it so many times I  think at times I did go crazy. Yupper's almost 6 week's since my fall , almost 5 week's in my air cast. And still I'm having trouble learning life's lesson's. It's not fun having Rudy or Mattias do all my food shopping, banking, catering to my every whim! Sounds delightful to you? MMMM. Yes, there has been aha moments. You know when life hands you lemons make lemonade, etc.....But learning more patience, being thankful if I'm honest is not sinking in. Why? My focus has been on myself again. Yes, life is not all about me. And when I count on others to do things for me, gulp, it's hard being on the receiving end of life.
What are the things God wants me to do? John 6:28
The Bible is clear . Believe the One he sent.
Accept the work already done., the work on the cross.
Only believe.
It's that simple? It's that easy?
There was nothing easy about it. The cross was heavy, the blood was real, and the price was extravagant. It would have bankrupted you or me, so he paid for us. Call it simple. Call it a gift. But don't call it easy. Call it what it is. Call it grace.
Grace , not something I can earn or accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment