Friday 28 September 2012

Keep Out

We have these cute little raccoons that love to sneak in our yard at night and create havok on the neighbors roof. So the neighbors solution is to put up spikes (nails) to unwelcome them to her back yard. On the surface these racoons look cuddly , harmless but at closer inspection they can cause a lot of damage.This reminds me of whats in my heart. On the outside I look friendly, cuddly harmless but sometimes on the inside it is not so. Sometimes there is a war battling inside my heart. I say the wrong thing, have the wrong thoughts and leave destruction in someones path. These spikes , like the nail scared hands of Jesus remind me everyday I have a choice.
Finally , brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent-think about such things. Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment