Tuesday 25 September 2012

Worry Or Trust?

I love surprises. Last Saturday after my 3 and 1/2 hour evening hair appointment I came home to this. Rudy had a feast of chicken nachos , veggies, fruit, candles and wine all set up for the two of us. A little background for those that don't know me ...I really don't like going to the hair dresser. And hobbling along on crutches, sitting patiently for hours waiting to be fixed up externally, really isn't my thing. I tried a new hair dresser. She was great. Anybody who can work magic on my hair deserves full credit. The only problem was the 3 hours of pain pulsating through my back, shoulders and legs. Not to mention the mixed up appointments and hence late night visit. So when Rudy picked me up and took me home I was ...mmmm...not on my most gracious behaviour. And then it all changed when I walked in the door. And I was glad again for the husband I have and again I was humbled how God takes care of the little things in life.  Seldom do I deal with dilemmas of national scale or world conflicts. Seldom do my crises rock the Richter scale. Usually the waves I ride are made by pebbles, not boulders.What begins as a snowflake can snowball into an avalanche unless properly taken care of. Misunderstandings, lack of patience, complaining, failing to forgive. The list is endless. When Mary ran out of wine at the wedding feast she just told Jesus "they have no more wine" (John 2:3). That's all, she simply assessed the problem and gave it to Christ.What causes me to think of prayer as the last option rather than the first? The servants were commanded to fill up there jars with water and serve it to the master. When the master tasted the water it became wine. Note ,the water became wine after they had obeyed , not before. Remember God wouldn't ask you to do something that He thought you couldn't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment