Monday 29 October 2012

Finding My Joy

 Okay Rudy we will take care of Marg, but only for 5 more minutes ....
 How awesome to feel the waves of the ocean
 And have the touch of gorgeous friends
 And relax in the comfort of long time friends
 And be part of the entertainment
 And keep Bert sane
 And celebrate life
 And celebrate God's creation
 And not think about the rain
 And feed our stomachs
 And enjoy the memory of the sun
 And hear the ocean
 And remember the laughter
 And the Palm Tree's.

A lot of focus has been on joy. Friends post's, sermons, etc. God wants us to be joyful. And when times are good its pretty easy. But when disaster hits, for myself I find it much harder. Joy doesn't always manifest itself in laughter. I think deep rooted joy can only be found when I'm at peace with God. When I learn to accept my life totally in His hands I find true joy. Joy in my circumstances despite wanting as easier option. For me joy has been and is a journey. I can't always feel joyful, and at times am overwhelmed with life's circumstances. Joy like love is a decision. And people that cross my path aren't always lovable. If I choose to focus on God and His love and His sacrifice on the cross for me for you, than love becomes something I can choose to do. It is the same with joy. If I choose to take the focus off of myself and choose God joy will come. Weeping comes for a night but joy comes in the morning. The journey to joy cannot be patented or written on a recipe card. It is Gods design and Gods timing in Gods way. And along the way I look at old pictures and I find my happy place ,and am thankful for friends in my life , friends on my journey to joy. Friends that reflect the joy of Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment