Friday 2 November 2012

Committing To Hear God's Voice

The real problem of the Christian life comes where people do not usually look for it. It comes the very moment you wake up each morning. All your wishes and hopes for the day rush at you like wild animals. And the first job each morning consists simply in shoving them all back; in listening to that other voice, taking that other point of view, letting that larger, stronger, quieter life come flowing in. And so on, all day. C.S. Lewis 




Started a new book,  The Spirit Formed Life. By, Jack Hayford
Growing in the 10 principles of Spirit-Filled Discipline
Don't know what your day looks like. Could be kids demanding attention. Or your spouse, job or lack there of. Could be an illness, bad weather. Or maybe you are just a ray of sunshine and your days are always good. What fills your mind first thing in the morning? The author of this book and more importantly the Bible challenges me to listen to God. Yup it's His day. No that doesn't mean my day will be free of problems or that I have a halo above my head and sprout angel wings . It just means I should give my day to God. He is at work everyday, and He wants me to join Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment